Monday, March 7, 2011

How is Will like me?

Will is like me because of how scared he is to get capped so he decides to leave home, and take a risk to get to the white mountains. This makes me think that In this story Will, getting capped is normal and that it is a celebration but, Will thinks the exact opposite thing, he is scared to do and does not, in his entire life, get capped. Also that Will's friend, Jack has been capped and Will sees that he can not communicate with Will because all they have to do is work, early in the morning, until night. Tripods are three legged creatures that has been ruling the world for more than a hundred years. Everyone thinks differently now since the tripods are here. So Will's thought is actually quite unusual in the story. But a homeless guy, called Ozimandias, has escaped from capping and has a fake cap. Will wants to escape too and he does whatever it takes to have his freedom again. He also thinks that everything would change after being capped and that he thinks that everything is going to be all about work. So that was what happened in chapters 1-2.

I think that Will is like me because of how he thinks in this book. The way he thinks in this book is like me imagining all the scary things in life and how he can avoid it and how his personality is like. I think I am like him because I will do whatever it takes to reach my goal and that is like Will trying to avoid everything bad on the way and get to that White Mountain. I also think that Will is like me because of how he thinks outside of the box because in his life everything is controlled with capping and all those things was normal to him. To think about how scary capping was and what happens when he can not control his mind anymore and that how he has to work all day. He also thinks that the tripods have like a bad influence on the tripods. So this connects to me because I think try to think the most creative thing/weirdest thing that anyone has ever seen. Like in art we were doing these paper mache bowls and we had to do contrast with everything and when I did this design I love doing which was sloshing the paint and nobody did that and once I finished they asked me how did you do that and all those other types of questions. This connects to Will because he thinks outside of the box and same with me.


The other thing that is similar to Will and I is that we are both a bit cowardly like in the beginning of this book. I thought that we both connected because when Will was scared of the capping and decided to leave because he was too scared that it was going to change his life forever. This reminds me of when I am going to Malaysia week because I am scared about what is going to happen to me when I go and what happens to my closes family member like what are they doing? Are they alright? All those types just roll all around in my head. I thought that they were going to die and all and I worry about that every night (but not so much now). I am scared about how long we have to stay away.(But luckily for me I have the closest site)! So I think that this connects to how much I am scared about malaysia week and how my life is going to change forever because of how long it is. I think this connects because all of these changes are big changes and how cowardly Will and I are.





No comments:

Post a Comment