Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Red Castle

How were the tripods able to control people?

I think that the tripod controlled people by the cap but, it is WAY more complicating then this anwser. But I think they have like the people who made the tripods control it, or their family control the tripod. I think this because a machine, the tripod can not control many peoples' brains all at once so that is one estimate of how the tripods can control people. Some evidence thinking back to chapter one, it said that it was made by the men in black i do not know but this made me think that since the villagers know everyone, then the tripods will know everyone because I think that one reason it is controlled by people. But the problem with this anwser is if it is controlled by people, then would anyone know that it is controlled by people and are they capped because if they are not capped then the tripods might find out that they do not have a cap then another tripod will come take the people out, who is controlling it, then cap them. This can cause a problem because if they cap the people who in charge of that tripod then the tripod will colapse and everyone who has been capped by that tripod will get brainwash and forget everything.
Find edvidence (quotation form the novel) to show that even though Will is comfortable in the castle, he is fustrated that the Comte, Commtese and Eliose has been capped.
In some of the page I have read, there was something about Will being fustrated at Comte, Commtese and Eliose because that they already have been capped so this made him uncomfortable with them just incase the tripod finds out that he is older than he should be having not been capped yet. Like some edvidence on page 122 when the book said: And the better I kew them, the harder it was to make a sweeping codemnation. They were capped, they accepted the tripods and all they stood for, but that did not prevent them form being, as I had seen in the Comte and Comtesse and Eliose and now in others, warmhearted, gernerous and brave. This made me think that Will is comfortable in the red castle but, fustrated at them because it looks like he is unsure about why they accepted the tripods and wondering if it was a must or a option. I aslo thought that 135 also showed how comfortable he is in the castle but fustrated at Comte, Cometesse and Eliose. She said, "I wanted to say good bye, Will." "It would not be for long. A few days. Then when I am Capped..." She shook her head. "I shall not see you again. Did you not know?" "But I am here to stay here. Your father said so, only this morning." "You would stay, but not I. Did no one tell you?" "Tell me what?" When the tournument is over, the Queen goes to serve the tripods. It is always done." I said stupidly, "Serve them where?" "In their city." "For how long?" "I have told you, forever." I thought this part of the book made Will fustrated because of how much Will loves her and how much he risked just to be with her and now, after the tournument Eliose is gone forever. I think this also made him fustrated because of how he thought that she could follow him on his journey plus he thought that they were thinking alike and in the same world.
Find edvidence (quotes) to show how Will feels about being capped.
He shook his head. "You know it's not permitted to talk about that. But I can promise you thatyou won't be hurt." I said, "But why?" "Why what?" "Why should the tripods take people away, and capped them? What right have they?" "They do it for our own good." "But I don't see why it has to happen. I'd sooner stay as I am." I thought that Will was scared because the author makes us, readers think when the author puts many questions that Will was asking made me think that he was terriobly sacred and does not want to go because about how in the last part of that passage was, I'd sooner stay as I am and this made me think that he was scared about what is going to happen when everything changes when his fear takes over him form being capped becuase you can not really control about your thoughts and everything you do because it is just like an inplant in your head that sucks out everything and load you with the tripod's opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment